Thursday 6 August 2015

2015 Reading Challenges

One of the things I want to get back to doing more of is reading, and to help keep me motivated to do so I am going to take part in a couple of reading challenges this year (or what is left of it!).

The first is the Full House Reading Challenge hosted by Book Date



The idea is to complete a full house on the bingo card below



I'm going to start with 'Book by an author you really like' and read The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett.  I will add my list of books and any reviews here as I choose and read them.

Full House Challenge Books

1. Book by an author you really like - The Shepherd's Crown by Terry Pratchett
2. Book set in the Northern hemisphere - North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell
3. 2nd book or more in a series - Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss


The second reading challenge I am signing up to is The Nonfiction Reading Challenge hosted by The Introverted Reader.  I very rarely read nonfiction, so I'm hoping that this will open up a new genre for me.  I am aiming for Explorer level - read 6 - 10 books so we will see how that goes!  We are currently reading David Mitchell's biography 'Back Story' so that will be first on my list.  Again I will update this post with books and any reviews as they are chosen and read.

Nonfiction Reading Challenge

1. Back Story by David Mitchell
2. How the Girl Guides Won the War by Janie Hampton
3. The Little Princesses by Marion Crawford
4. The Kon Tikki Expedition by Thor Heyerdahl

If anyone has some good suggestions for reading material for either challenge I'd be very happy to receive them.

Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...