The results of these thoughts were this coffee lover's cheescake which I made for Sunday dinner.
* 250g ameretti biscuits
* 100g butter
* 250g marscapone
* 300g cream cheese
* 100ml strong black coffee (cold)
* 3tbsp demerara sugar
* 100ml double cream
* 50g dark chocolate
1. Put the biscuits into a blender and blitz until crumbs. Melt the butter and stir in, then press into a 7 inch dessert ring or springform tin and put into the fridge to chill.
2. Put marscapone, cream cheese and sugar into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined. Then add the coffee a little at a time. Empty the mix onto the biscuit base and spread out evenly then return to the fridge.
3. Whip the cream and pipe onto the top, I did 12 round the edge and one in the middle.
4. Melt the chocolate and spoon into a piping bag with a really thin nozzle or as I used a plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off. Draw your design on a piece of paper then lay greaseproof paper on top and pipe over the design. I had to do about 30 to get around 10 that I was happy with!
5. Decorate the top and serve!