Sunday 27 April 2014

Coffee Lover's Cheesecake

Last weekend, the three of us went for a walk in Ironbridge an stopped at the Tea emporium for a coffee (a slight contradiction I know!).  The coffees came served with ameretti biscuits which I love, and it got me thinking.

The results of these thoughts were this coffee lover's cheescake which I made for Sunday dinner.


Ingredients
* 250g ameretti biscuits
* 100g butter
* 250g marscapone
* 300g cream cheese
* 100ml strong black coffee (cold)
* 3tbsp demerara sugar
* 100ml double cream
* 50g dark chocolate

Method

1. Put the biscuits into a blender and blitz until crumbs. Melt the butter and stir in, then press into a 7 inch dessert ring or springform tin and put into the fridge to chill.


2. Put marscapone, cream cheese and sugar into a bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until combined.  Then add the coffee a little at a time.  Empty the mix onto the biscuit base and spread out evenly then return to the fridge. 


3. Whip the cream and pipe onto the top, I did 12 round the edge and one in the middle.


4. Melt the chocolate and spoon into a piping bag with a really thin nozzle or as I used a plastic sandwich bag with the corner cut off.  Draw your design on a piece of paper then lay greaseproof paper on top and pipe over the design.  I had to do about 30 to get around 10 that I was happy with!


5. Decorate the top and serve!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...