This was for my sister-in-law to be who had said how much she liked the button bouquets I had made for the wedding and that she would like something similar as a centrepiece.
The teapot was a rather hideously patterned one in blue, yellow and brown that we have had for a number of years and never really like, then it got cracked so as well as being ugly was useless as a teapot. I think it has blossomed in its new lease of life and just like a butterfly is much more beautiful after its transformation. I wish I had taken a photo before we started painting it so you could see the difference!
Inspired by the table decorations at my button bride friends wedding, I decided to paint the teapot with enamel paint. Having never used enamel paint before I sort of assumed that it would be a thick coat and would cover all the pattern leaving only a block of solid colour. I have never been so pleased to be wrong. I love that you can see the pattern underneath the paint, I think it looks beautiful, and am now on the lookout for other ugly crockery in charity shops which I can enamel over and give a new lease of life as ornaments.
A number of these flowers were embroidered by my mother-in-law to be and I think she did a stunning job, her embroidery skill definitely surpasses my own.